CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON!
Roller Skating Classes
Skating is a fun activity for all ages!
Every Saturday 10am - 12pm
$60 for a 5 week program
includes admission & skate rental
30 min group lesson
90 min session skating
snacks for skaters
CLASS PROGRAM INFORMATION
The “Learn To Skate” classes are a 5 week program designed to teach the basics of roller skating to new skaters in a group lesson format. Each Saturday skaters will get a 30 minute group lesson followed by 90 minutes of session skating. Snacks provided each week! We invite anyone that has completed our class program to skate with us during our Winter or Spring Skating Show!
September 14 – October 12 (Register by September 7)
October 19 – November 16 (Register by October 12)
November 23 – December 21 (Register by November 16)
Winter Skating Show
Tuesday, December 10th
5:00pm - 6:00pm
January 11 – February 8 (Register by January 4)
February 15 – March 14 (Register by February 8)
March 28 – April 25 (Register by March 21)
Spring Skating Show
Tuesday, March 31st
5:00pm - 6:00pm
General Skating Class Information
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to prepare for class.
- Be on time!!! Arriving 15 minutes before scheduled class time ensures child will be skate ready for their class.
- Comfort and ability to move freely are very important! Please dress accordingly. Examples: sweat pants, warm-ups, stretchy material, etc.
- Socks above bootline is greatly recommended
- Safety gear such as knee pads and elbow pads can be worn during classes. Helmets are optional. See our equipment Specials at Skagit Skate
The classes are designed to take the student through a step-by-step Nationally Recognized program that will allow the student to learn the basics of roller-skating. Learn basic skills, practice and master new intermediate or advanced moves. Whatever your needs, come in and join our professional and USA Roller Sports Certified coaching staff in a welcoming, family environment.
Please contact Carrie Youngren, Skagit Skate Figure Skating Coach
(360) 202-0402 or firstname.lastname@example.org
basic skating skills
start and stopping
Beginning backwards skating
One foot gliding
Maneuvering through cones
Beginning jumps & spins
Continued backwards skating
Half turn jumps